Child Support & Custody

We approach each case from the perspective, circumstances, and needs of our Client. Some clients’ needs are best served by aggressive litigation. Other clients require thorough preparation and in-depth knowledge to approach a solution. Your situation is unique and different from others and we tailor our work to suit. Our San Antonio Divorce Attorneys employ whatever approach best suits your needs and leads to the most effective outcome.

Areas of Family Law

  • Child support issues
  • Spousal support issues
  • Child custody and parenting time issues
  • High asset marriage dissolution
  • Property division (inheritance, debt, separately held assets, pre-nuptial agreement impact)
  • Relocation cases
  • Restraining orders
  • Mediation/Arbitration
  • Legal advice for your needs and your welfare

FAQ Child Custody

What is legal vs physical custody of children?

Legal custody means the parent has right to make decisions for the child(ren) in all matters including legal matters. The legal custodian of the child(ren) controls where they go to school, who their doctor is, and their upbringing. A parent with sole legal custody is the only one who makes major decisions for the child. There can be great benefits for the child. Contact us to discuss your questions on legal custody.

Physical custody means where the child spend the most time, in other words with the parent he/she lives with. To learn more about Joint, Sole and Bird’s Nest Physical Custody, contact us.

My child wants to come live with me. What should I do?

If your child is age 12 or older, then he/she can choose which parent they want to live with. The court, however, does not have to agree and will act in the child(ren)’s best interests. Call us if you would like to discuss your options and how to proceed.

How do I know if my child requires supervised visitation?

If a parent is determined by the court to be a threat to the child, the court may order supervised child visitation. In a supervised visit, the parent may not be left alone with the child and a third party monitors the visit. Parent(s) restricted to supervised visits may only see the child in accordance with the schedule approved by the court. If you are seeking supervised visitation, the first step is to contact us for your consultation.

How do I change custody or parenting time with my child/children?

The court governs these changes but any person who is affected can ask the court to modify/enforce the order. In all cases, modifications must be in the best interest of the child(ren). If you have more questions on the grounds to modify a custody/visitation order, contact us for your consultation at 210.785.0737.

Fill out my online form.